1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Black screen, with Full screen

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zindarie, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zindarie

Zindarie Thread Starter

Computer Specs
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3805, 5/16/2018
    Mother board ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
    Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 56.5 GB
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions [Yes]
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions [Yes]
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware [No]
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection [Yes]
    Video Adapter Description AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
    Video Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
    Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1000G2
    Running Windows 10

So, When I am playing World of Warcraft in (Windowed[Full Screen]) my screen will randomly turn black for a few seconds and then display will return for some time and then at a random point turn black for a few seconds. While screen is black I can still hear sound and my cursor moving over things. This problem will continue until I can finally get into game settings and change my display to (Windowed Mode). Once in windowed mode it runs fine, only when somthing is running at full screen do I seem to have this problem. This same issue occurs when I display YouTube at full screen and some other games. So far i have updated my all drivers, updated windows, updated my BIO's, changes some power settings, and did a System Disc Clean up. Temperatures are fine.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice