Random black screen without cursor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmccoy

Darrin
Good to hear. The next step is to try to figure out what may be causing your issue. This can be done a few ways, but let’s try the following as the first step

Download and Install WPT
https://social.technet.microsoft.co...tall-the-windows-performance-toolkit-wpt.aspx

1. Click on Start menu
2. Type command to start searching
3. Right click on command prompt in list and select Run Administrator
4. Copy and Paste each the commands below into the command prompt

xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 2048 -MaxFile 1024 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d "%userprofile%\desktop\highCPU.etl"

5. Let it run for approx 1-2 min
6. Then Press Any Key to Stop capture
7. This will create a file highCPU.etl on your desktop
8. Compress the file to a .zip file and upload to your reply

geoff202

Not sure how you want me to c & p each of the commands? I tried it a couple of ways to no avail:

upload_2018-4-9_10-27-53.png

geoff202

Ah....duh....
ok installed & got as fas as xperf, then wouldn't accept any further commands...

upload_2018-4-9_12-47-55.png

dmccoy

Darrin
Great will check it out and get back to you tom. Please remind me if you don’t hear back by end of day.

dmccoy

Darrin
It looks like AVG antivirus is causing a lot of spikes. I recommend uninstalling it and using Windows Defender. Also may have some more issues with GPU driver. After uninstalling AVG perform the WPT steps above again and also run Process Explorer steps below.

AVG removal tool

Download Process Explorer
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
1. Save it to your desktop then run it.
2. Right Click and Select Run As Administrator
3. In the View Menu click on Select Columns
4. Check Verified Signer, Virus Total and Click OK
5. Select Options Menu and Check Verify Image Signatures, VirusTotal.com > Check Virustotal.com
6. Double Click on the CPU Column to sort by highest CPU usage.
7. (Highest CPU Processes should be at the top once sorted properly)
8. Wait approximately a minute
9. Select Save or Save As from the File menu and save SystemIdleProcess.txt to Desktop
10. Upload the file to your Reply

geoff202

Ok. Used the AVG removal tool & it's telling me that I have no active AVG product in my system, but I do - it pops up periodically on my desktop, & it's listed in my programmes...?

I'll go ahead & run it anyway, but seems a bit strange.

Attachments

geoff202

Ran it twice (with re-starts) but AVG is still there:

I'll try with Crap Cleaner & let you know.

Attachments

geoff202

Crap Cleaner seems to have got rid of it. I'm just running a full scan with Win Defender before I go any further.

dmccoy

Darrin
Since you have a Trojan we need get that removed first before any more troubleshooting. I recommend that you post to malware forum as I am limited on this kind of help and get it completely clean and then come back here if you still experience problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online