Random black screen without cursor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geoff202

Ok will do. Had a mean storm last night power out at 9pm still off this morning so might be a while before I get back to you. Cheers for all the help so far!

geoff202

Installed & ran the Malwarebytes threat scan with zero issues detected, so presumably the Win Def removed it/them completely. Also ran the FRST thing from them & will post these resulte to their forum. Might be a while before they come back to me though.

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay, provide the following then as well

Autoruns
Download and Run the following program from here
  1. Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
  2. Right-click the "Autoruns.exe" and Select Run As Administrator
  3. Make sure Hide Microsoft Entries is Checked Under the Options Menu
  4. After Scanning is Finished
  5. Go to File then Save
  6. Save AutoRuns.am file to your Desktop
  7. Compress to a .zip file
  8. Upload file to your next reply

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay, then please perform the Autoruns step above so I can make sure all looks good.

geoff202

Hey Darrin, back again.
Did the deal with MWB & they confirmed that all trace of trojans etc are now gone. They had one more step for me to perform which was to clean up my browser completely & reset to factory default. I'm not sure if I want to go to all that trouble though - I'm unsure if I'm going to lose all my logins/passwords etc from all the years.
What is the next step as far as you're concerned to figure out what was causing the issue, bearing in mind that it hasn't re-occurred since April 5th?

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay I am glad to hear its all clean now. Are you still experiencing the same issues or what is the latest? It is good to reset your browser to clean the cache and any other malicious stuff that may be in there especially after a virus. See the following on What changes when you restore your settings. If you want to keep certain cookies and other things. Then I recommend using ccleaner to have more manual control of what is removed.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

geoff202

Ok just did the whole clean up with CCleaner so should be good. The issue has not returned since April 5th so assuming it is all good now.

Many thanks for the help, I do appreciate it!

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay great. You are welcome. Let us know if you need anything else.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online