1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random BSOD, 4-5 times a day

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Asurah, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asurah

Asurah Thread Starter

Hey there,
    I used to have some problems with my machine, running WinXP, and had some BSOD before but in a very low frequency. It would've gone weeks without one sometimes. Recently I've upgraded my graphics card and power supply unit, so I also decided to upgrade for Vista, just for the DX10 support in games. But ever since I upgraded I've been having random BSOD for 4-5 times a day, sometimes more, for no apparent reason. I'll be watching a stream online, and it'll crash. Launch a game, and suddenly crash. Even when I'm just browsing the internet, it sometimes just crashes, it did crash 2 minutes ago, when I was writing this post.
    I can't manage to read what the BSOD says because it just restarts the machine after some counter reaches 100% (which is pretty quickly), but I did managed to catch the word Minidump one time, and it said I can press F8 for advanced something. Not sure if that helps though.
    I've ran the Vista Crash Solution thingy several times, but it only told me that I should upgrade my PCI drivers from Realtek, which are having some serious ****-ups in their website and I can't download the latest from there, but I did install all the drivers from my motherboard's installation CD (I only bought it 6-8 months ago, it can't be that out-dated).

Anyone having any ideas about this? It's not the worst case ever but it pisses me off. And needing to quicksave and backup everything I do is not fun.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/761005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice