Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random BSOD new build

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I've just put everything together and ran it for about 10 hours of total use before it randomly gotten a bsod. I was actually surfing the web at the time right before I had a pop up. I don't know if that's coincidence or it caused the bsod, which I think is unlikely. There are no overclocks or anything altered, it's pretty much put together and ran. I couldn't find much information but I did read that Avira can cause this bsod which I installed 3 hours prior. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I will post the dump

Specs
cpu: I5 4460
mobo: Msi z87 g41 *most recent chipset
gpu: evga gtx 570 *older driver
ram: ddr3 gskill ares 8gb
psu: evga 600b
hdd: wd black 1tb

Attachments

#2 ·
Also forgot the mention the reason why I installed an older driver for the gpu is because the newest driver crashes frequently on my other build and it has been mentioned by many people that the newer drivers cause issues. I swapped the gpu over to this build and am I'm running 314.22 nvidia driver.

#3 ·
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Caused By Driver : win32k.sys
Hi, I am not a pc builder but to run the minidump file through Microsoft's debug program which should give us more information.
Post the Minidump files.
Create a new folder on the desktop and call it dumpfiles [or something similar]

Look in c:\windows\minidump
Copy the last 4 minidump files to that folder.
Close the folder and right click on it and select Send To Compressed [zipped] Folder.
Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.
Attach the zip folder by using the 'Upload a File' button

#4 ·
You have not included the most important part in the system; the pw supply. Post the exact pw supply you have installed ie corsair xxx123 or whatever.

Next have you checked your temps and voltages? If not, do so. Post the following; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Most mb makers have purposed designed software on the support page for just this task. I looked at the support page for your board and it appears that there is monitoring software. Here is a link to the support page for your mb;
https://us.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z87-G41-PC-Mate.html#support_download

#6 ·
Ops, I missed the pw supply; good catch.
EVGA does sell some quality pw supplies [the supernova line] however that one is not one of them. That is a mid-level pw supply; fine for a basic build however not up to the stress of gaming

#7 ·
I haven't really played any games. Temps at the highest was 44 for one of the cpu cores, everything else was under that including motherboard, gpu,and hdd. Also I'm getting an error trying to compress it. Would I be able to just upload the dmp file here?

#10 ·
Voltages look ok with the exception of vdrimm or ram voltage. The ram voltage should be 1.5V and you are showing 1.45V or so. Hwmonitor is [IMO] somewhat useless since it often shows erroneous data. Check your ram voltage in the bios. If it shows low there as well, set it manually to 1.5V or slightly higher. In addition, you should probably run memtest.
http://www.memtest.org/
Memtest runs from bootable media ie usb or cd. Let it run for at least 1hr to make sure you do not have any errors.

One last thing. If the bios shows normal voltage, do not make any changes however do run memtest.

#11 · (Edited)
This is so frustrating. Bios is showing the same as hwmonitor from 1.472v to 1.488 for dram. It's also didn't respond to the change in voltage. It stayed the exactly the same. From "auto" it now reads "1.50" right beside the current voltage which was 1.472. XMP was also enabled. I'll run memtest and get back.

#12 ·
You may have a problem with the mb. I am no fan of msi and it would not surprise me that you have a flaky board. MSI is [IMO] a mid-level board maker at best. The quality is not up to a gigabyte or asus board. While not as bad as ecs, they are just not in the same league as asus or gigabyte.

Run memtest for a while and see what it says.

I would also disable xmp and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.