1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random BSODs Crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by betash, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. betash

betash Thread Starter

Hello.
    For the last year I've been having random BSOD crashing my computer.I have tried everything.Changed my RAM,PSU,HDD,installed different OS,updated BIOS,different drivers....Nothing helped.It usually happens whey I attempt to turn off or restart my computer,and when I try to play games.It can also happen when I surf the internet or during the installation of a program,but very rarely.I'm pretty sure it's my motherboard.Can it be fixed?It's Asus P5KPL-VM.I have noticed that ICH7 chip is very hot.Could it be overheating problem?

Here is the error log.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/errorscm.jpg/

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you checked your temps? Restart and enter the bios. You should be able to find temps and voltages under hardware monitor. It should be a sub-menu from Power. Post your cpu and system temps along with the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. If you cannot find the info in the bios, you can always download and install asus probe. It is a download for your board on the asus site.

3. betash

betash Thread Starter

Those fundamental thing are something you check first.I will need a more advanced answer than that from someone who had a similar experience or from someone who knows about electronics.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Obviously you do not want help OR you would answer what was asked of you. When you decide you really want help, then post a new thread AND do what is advised.

5. betash

betash Thread Starter

Sorry but I expected a more advanced answer than "Have you tried turning it off and on" type of answer

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is NOT what was advised. You were told to check your temps and voltages AND to post those here for review. Entering the bios is one means to obtain this info; you were also given another option for obtaining this data.

Obviously you know more so find your own solution.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice