1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random BSODs; No BSOD in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Pacia, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacia

Pacia Thread Starter

My computer's been rather off its game the past few days, but I thought it was just from having too many things running without restarting in a while. It would freeze and then continue after a few minutes. This isn't exactly common for my computer, having recently (Within the last 6 months, not so recently for it to be teething problems) been built as an above average computer for playing most games on mid-high settings. Then today it went to a blue screen of death and continued to do so each time it was restarted after a few minutes of starting in normal mode.

I then started the computer in safe mode. I got on my laptop to start looking up possible fixes and it remained stable at the desktop for the entire time. I then began to run a virus scan (Malwarebytes, up-to-date) and after roughly 5 minutes of it scanning, the computer automatically restarted. It ran through a check disc automatically and found some errors that it repaired before starting again. After a few hiccups with windows explorer not starting properly, it ran in normal mode again before randomly going to a blue screen again with no obvious common cause with the previous ones. I obtained a HijackThis log and the dump file from the computer while it was running in safe mode. I would appreciate any help.

If any further information is needed it will be provided upon request.

Attached Files:

2. Pacia

Pacia Thread Starter

I discovered and ran WhoCrashed and it responded that all of them were caused in part or in full by memory management errors. I'm updating my drivers now, but I've never come across a BSOD as a result of an outdated video driver...

Edit:
    Updated video drivers did nothing. Safe mode with networking even works, just not normal mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice