1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random BSODs while playing World of Warcraft!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aibu, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aibu

Aibu Thread Starter

Hello,
    My name is Maria and I got a problem with my Boyfriends computer. We both were playing yesterday World of Warcraft, but then he got a Bluescreen. Since I am the only one in this house who has a lot of experience with Computers, I said I gonna fix it. The computer started crashing with:
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_ HANDLED
    The file that caused the crash was dxgmms1.sys
    Bug Check Code: 0x1000007e
    Since it was a DirectX File I thought it was the Video Card drivers, so I updated them.
    Joined World of Warcraft again. After 20 minutes it crashed again. This time it was:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Crash caused again by dxgmms1.sys AND ntoskrnl.exe
    Bug Check Code: 0x00000d1
    I thought OK, may he doesn't likes that driver, so I created a Restore Point and updated all out of date drivers and of course I changed the Video Card Driver again. After that I joined World of Warcraft again, the computer did run fine like 30 minutes long. Then it crashed again:
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Caused by ntoskrnl.exe
    Bug Check Code: 0x000001a
    I thought may it's really the RAM or the Hard Disk so I did run 2 different Memory tests, a various bunch of times. I used Memtest86 and The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
    I left him the whole night on, in normal usage(no Games) and it didn't crashed.
    I start to think the Video card is faulty or the motherboard. I attached the Dumpfiles.

System Specs:
    Oh damn forgot the System Spec of his computer
    OS. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RETAIL
    CPU: AMD Athlon 2 x2 250 350 GHz
    Video Card(GPU): Nvidia Geforce 520
    Memory: 4 GB
    Mainboard: Asus
    Age of Build: N/A, may 2,5 years
    Age of OS: N/A 1/2-1 year

Thanks for help,
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

• dpm.rar
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
  2. ajkane

ajkane

Try this, it looks like OS corruption with DirectX management:
    1) Run cmd as admin
    2) Type: "sfc /scannow
    3) Wait for it to finish and try again

This scans all OS files and repairs or replaces corrupted ones.

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

Looks more like faulty memory to me. One of the mimidumps actually states Memory Management and all three minidumps are different which is often an indication of faulty RAM.

Ram can pass Memtest with flying colours even when there is a fault. Try running the PC with only one RAM stick fitted and see if the problem persists, if it does then swap the sticks to test the other one.

How many passes did you do with Memtest86+, it needs to go for at least 8 passes.

Are your temperatures all ok?

4. Megabite

Megabite

One BSOD suggests the video card and One suggests memory

5. ajkane

ajkane

It's weird, its almost like the motherboard itself is having problems with access memory.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice