1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Crash Symtom ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by EVOJ, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EVOJ

EVOJ Thread Starter

Hello Everyone !

I'm new here and a beginner, actually I have been using a computer since 1999, but when it comes to solving problems I have had I still consider my self a beginner.

I am presently using a Compaq Presario 5300US, and have replaced the Hard Drive with a Reformatted Hard drive from an unknown, computer, and installed WXP service pack 2, . .one of the problems I have is random crashes, I know that this is usually a mystery that needs alot of investigations, . .

Also, my internet pages used to freeze quite a bit this seems to have calmed down some, I am an AOL user, and it still crashes randomly,

so that and the computer still crash at random, . . I have recently noticed, that on an open page, in fact I was reading in this forum, I hit the back key, (the one used to erase text letter by letter), and upon striking the key AOL completely closed, I received a audible sound like an alert message might give, sort of a bunk ! and it closed instantly, . . is this a symptom that anyone recognizes ?

I'm not sure if the internet crashes and the computer crahses are related but,
    I really would like to cure the random crashes, so I can get on with other repairs ?

2. Jackle75

Jackle75

Stop error are related to hardware or driver failures. http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html#Tips_to_Help_Track_the_Problem_Down

This should help you to isolate the driver that's causing the random shut downs. If you have some tenical background you could download a debuging tool and analyze your dmp files. The tools are free and you can download them from microsoft.

This will give you some information about using the debugging tool. It's called winDbg.
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > Copy and paste some of the recent errors

also ..

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump
    Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here

4. EVOJ

EVOJ Thread Starter

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > Copy and paste some of the recent errors

I tried that it says that it is wrong or I mispelled it, . . I am including megs.

[​IMG][/IMG]

The way it is suppose to look
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The way it is in my properties;

;[​IMG][/IMG]

5. EVOJ

EVOJ Thread Starter

I have gone to ; The Program Compatibility Wizard to;
    Update your program, drivers, or hardware.
    Clicking ; I want to use the program in the CD-ROM drive

I got, Wizard could not locate programs on your CD.

Next ; Which program do you want to run with compatibility settings?
    Type the path to the program shortcut or executable file:

[​IMG]

Please tell me what path should be chosen ?

6. EVOJ

EVOJ Thread Starter

Event Viewer attachment included;

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice