1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random crashes, wont wake up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nolanvode, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolanvode

nolanvode Thread Starter

Hello, I hope this is the appropriate area to post this problem.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 (Skylake-S, R0)
    3200 MHz (32.00x100.0) @ 3597 MHz (36.00x99.9)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4
    Chipset: Intel Z170 (Skylake PCH-H)
    Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 1065 MHz, 15-15-15-36
    - 8192 MB PC17000 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology CT8G4DFD8213.C16FA
    - 8192 MB PC17000 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology CT8G4DFD8213.C16FA
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 (Skylake-S GT2) - Integrated Graphics Controller [S0/R0] [ASRock]
    Intel HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
    Drive: MKNSSDRE1TB, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: MKNSSDRE1TB, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST j, DVD+R DL
    Sound: Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 14393.576 (RS1)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a local shop build me a desktop a year ago.

After a while I began to experience major problems, crashing, not waking from standby, that got progressively worse to the point the machine wouldn't boot.

Perhaps it was a combination of things, not the least of which was the anniversary update. My builder took it in, did all the tests, couldn't definitely find anything directly responsible, and decided to swap out the mainboard.

A fresh reinstall of the operating system was performed and has been repeated several times since.

It seemed ok for several days, then began to experience random crashes. The machine just freezes, requiring a manual reboot. I've maintained all the latest driver and bios updates and windows updates.

Sometimes it wont happen for several days to a week, and then on a daily basis. There is no warning and no specific task I can point to that causes it...certainly not anything that would stress a cpu. Everything just stops.

Im not a gamer. My current Average Temperature is 24 °C.

The other thing, also randomly but maybe not quite as often, the computer wont wake up from sleep. After leaving it idle for a while, when I come back to it I get "no signal".

I call it sleep, but its only really a description of the behavior, since I have disabled hibernation, sleep, and the screensaver.

Thru the process of elimination Ive suspected onboard graphics. Just a guess at his point. As I said the mainboard was replaced, but you dont get a new one.

I dont know where else to look.

Still, perhaps there is "something" about this particular mainboard. Ive search for answers and it seems like Im the only one on the planet with these symptoms.

What would you do?

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice