1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random crashes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by derftyuio, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derftyuio

derftyuio Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a a really tough problem with my computer. I had Vista for about 1 year and it worked fairly well but it slowed down my computer a bit. Now I just installed Windows 7 and it freezes the whole computer! It does not matter what I do, it freezes when it wants to. The mouse pointer freezes too and all i can do is to cut the power.
    (I had Windows 7 for a while but had the same problem as now). Have checked the graphics card, RAM memory and hard drive but no error found.

Some system info:
    AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400 + 3.20 Ghz
    4 GB of frame
    64 bit windows 7

Anyone have a clue about this problem!?
    Thank you and happy new year!

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I have had this problem with some computers if Windows 7 setup uses a default graphics driver. Try installing a graphics driver from the motherboard manufacturer (if onboard graphics) or add-on graphics card manufacturer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice