1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Crashing from Display Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shafski, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shafski

Shafski Thread Starter

Hi, this was a problem that came up ages ago, and I've yet to understand it. It makes no logical sense whatsoever, atleast not to me anyway. I guess thats why I'm hoping one of you legends can help out.

Im running windows vista, and 2 or so months ago I downloaded some codecs for video viewing. The video worked fine after that, but randomly in the middle of the video the sound got stuck and the screen went purple. I restarted, and ever since then have been having BSOD's or random crashes before login and after login, or randomly when browsing.

I don't have ANY malware on my computer, i've done a lot of checks or so, and the codecs were from a legit site. Its to do with my computer I guess, but I don't know what it is.

But anyway, basically the problem is whenever I have my display adapter enabled my computer will randomly go into startup repair loop, or not work temporarily then all of a sudden work, or the colours will distort randomly when I'm on it after random periods of time.

It's all so random I don't get it.

I've tried using older versions of the NVIDIA display adapter, updated to the latest one all different ways possible (through website once, or through windows update another).

When I boot in safe mode everything runs fine, its just when I load it normally, randomly stuff happens.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Shafski

Shafski Thread Starter

3. Shafski

Shafski Thread Starter

Bumpp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065488