1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random crashing with windows XP

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Cravia, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Hello!

I've having some really annoying trouble with my computer, and I don't have the knowledge to figure out what's going on. I hope you guys can help me figure this out! I've searched the site, but couldn't find anything similar to my problems. i'm not sure this is the right forum to start the thread, but I guess I gotta start somewhere....:eek:

Problem is the computer crashes - black screen. After crash it won't start immediately, it starts and after a few seconds go black again. I wait a minute, and the computer starts.
    First time I experienced the crash was when playing Sims 2. I search for duplicate files, pulled out user content, tried different neighborhoods, different houses. Still crashes, random. Uninstalled the game, with expansions. Played Sim City 4, same thing happened - after about 20 minutes of playing - total crash. My system meet the requirements of both games.

Yesterday the computer crashed twice while trying to watch tv on the net in Firefox. Same procedure, the computer won't start immidiately, I have to wait a minute before it boots. I ran Ad-aware and Norman antivirus, found nothing. I run Spywareblaster too.

Randomly the start menu window turns black in the left column (recently used programs). If I try to open all programs nothing happens, I have to reboot to have things work again. Another odd thing, I can't open the C: disc from My computer, below there's an image to show you how it looks. When I double click C:, it opensthe list "open file in" with list of programs.
    I also have a problem with the free trial of AnyTimeOrganizer. I wanted to try the program and installed. It won't open, and I tried to uninstall. The computer can't find uninstall file, and I can't get rid of it. I don't know how to uninstall from registry. I also experience some lagging.

[​IMG]

I've had Norman discover two possible infections earlier:
    RUNDLL32.EXE-4C4FC1E4 located: C:\Windows\Prefetch
    W32/Smalltroj.FSMP

Both carantened, but I don't know what else to do about this.

My system:
    XP Home edition 2002
    Service Pack 3
    AMD Athlon (tm) 64X2 Dual
    Core Processor 4200+
    2.21 GHz, 1.00 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

I don't even know where to beguin searching for error, or to do a system restore, won't touch anything before I hear from you.
    I hope you can help me, thank you!

Merethe

2. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Hi again,
    I'm sorry to bump this thread back up, I know you're busy and will get to it in due time. My post was moved from the operating system forum, and I've followed your sticky instructions, here's my HijackThis logfile:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 14:50:59, on 22.09.2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\ELOGSVC.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zanda.exe
    C:\Norman\npm\bin\nvoy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfsvc32.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfuser.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NVCSCHED.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\Norman\nse\bin\NSESVC.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\ZLH.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
    C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\Nip.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\cclaw.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.atcomet.com/b/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\programfiler\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\programfiler\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norman ZANDA] "C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\ZLH.EXE" /LOAD /SPLASH
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programfiler\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Programfiler\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe boot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOKAL TJENESTE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETTVERKSTJENESTE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Startup: AnyTime.lnk = C:\Programfiler\AnyTime Deluxe\ISI Launcher.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Plugin Control) - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/QuickTime/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E23FABEE-12E3-33DA-DA12-195DAC123984} (GameDesire Mahjong) - http://67.15.101.3/g_bin/eng/mahjong_2_0_0_28.cab
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Programfiler\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman eLogger service 6 (eLoggerSvc6) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\ELOGSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
    O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Programfiler\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: Kerberos Key Distribution Centers (kkdc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Programfiler\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman NJeeves - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman ZANDA - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zanda.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Personal Firewall Service (NPFSvc32) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Security service (NPROSECSVC) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Ngs\bin\NPROSEC.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman Scanner Engine Service (nsesvc) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\nse\bin\NSESVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
    O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control on-access component (nvcoas) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control Scheduler (NVCScheduler) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NVCSCHED.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman's Very Own supplY of resources (NVOY) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\npm\bin\nvoy.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
    End of file - 11255 bytes

Thank you, now I'll wait for my turn! :)

Merethe

3. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Hey again, bumping this up, it's been a week since I posted....hope you get a chance to look at it! :)

4. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

Welcome to TSG :)

Go to Start ---> Run ---> Type sc stop "kkdc" and press Enter. Repeat the last instructions, but with this sc delete "kkdc" and press Enter.

Reboot your Computer.

Run an online virus scan called Kaspersky from HERE.

• 1. At the main page. Press on "Accept". After reading the contents.
      2. At the next window Select Update. Allow the Database to update.
      Note: If prompted to run or update your Java, then follow the prompts to do so. Kaspersky requires Java to run.
      3. Once the Database has finished, under the Scan icon Select My Computer to start the scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.
      4. Select Scan Report.
      5. If any threats were found they will appear in the report
      6. Select "Save error report as"
      Then in the file name just type in kaspersky
      Under "save as type" select text .txt
      Save it to your Desktop.

Copy and post the results of the Kaspersky Online scan. If no threats were found then report that as well.

Please post a fresh HIjackthis log too. Thanks

5. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Hi, thank you for the welcome and for your work!! Here's the result of the new scans:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
    Monday, September 29, 2008
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
    Program database last update: Monday, September 29, 2008 09:11:58
    Records in database: 1272707
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
    Scan using the following database: extended
    Scan archives: yes
    Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
    C:\
    E:\
    F:\
    G:\
    H:\
    I:\
    J:\
    K:\
    L:\

Scan statistics:
    Files scanned: 161078
    Threat name: 1
    Infected objects: 1
    Suspicious objects: 0
    Duration of the scan: 02:00:33

File name / Threat name / Threats count
    C:\Documents and Settings\Merethe Q\Programdata\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\62\7092d47e-7a18212f Infected: Exploit.Java.Gimsh.a 1

The selected area was scanned.

And new hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 15:25:32, on 29.09.2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\ELOGSVC.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zanda.exe
    C:\Norman\npm\bin\nvoy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfsvc32.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfuser.exe
    C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
    C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NVCSCHED.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\Norman\nse\bin\NSESVC.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\ZLH.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
    C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\Nip.exe
    C:\Programfiler\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Merethe Q\Lokale innstillinger\Temp\jkos-Merethe Q\binaries\ScanningProcess.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Merethe Q\Lokale innstillinger\Temp\jkos-Merethe Q\binaries\ScanningProcess.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
    C:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\cclaw.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
    C:\Programfiler\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.atcomet.com/b/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\programfiler\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\programfiler\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norman ZANDA] "C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\ZLH.EXE" /LOAD /SPLASH
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programfiler\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Programfiler\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] C:\Programfiler\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe boot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Programfiler\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOKAL TJENESTE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETTVERKSTJENESTE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Startup: AnyTime.lnk = C:\Programfiler\AnyTime Deluxe\ISI Launcher.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Plugin Control) - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/QuickTime/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Programfiler\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E23FABEE-12E3-33DA-DA12-195DAC123984} (GameDesire Mahjong) - http://67.15.101.3/g_bin/eng/mahjong_2_0_0_28.cab
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Programfiler\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman eLogger service 6 (eLoggerSvc6) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\ELOGSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
    O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Programfiler\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Programfiler\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman NJeeves - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman ZANDA - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zanda.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Personal Firewall Service (NPFSvc32) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\npf\bin\npfsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Security service (NPROSECSVC) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Ngs\bin\NPROSEC.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman Scanner Engine Service (nsesvc) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\nse\bin\NSESVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
    O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Programfiler\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control on-access component (nvcoas) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
    O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control Scheduler (NVCScheduler) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Npm\bin\NVCSCHED.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norman's Very Own supplY of resources (NVOY) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\npm\bin\nvoy.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
    End of file - 11390 bytes

Thanks again for checking this, seem the computer is infected.....can it be saved...?

Merethe

6. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Bumping up this thread, it's been a week since I posted new log - hope you have time to take a look at this. Thank you!

Merethe

7. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

Sorry for the late reply,

How is everything running??

Kaspersky found a exploit in Java.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

This program is for XP, Windows 2000, and Vista

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
    • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click
    • No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
    • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program. For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

=======================================================

[​IMG] Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Ugrading Java:

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u7.
    • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
    • Click the "Download" button to the right.
    • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
    • The page will refresh.
    • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
    • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
    • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
    • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
    • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
    • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
    • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

8. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Hi, thank you for looking at this again! I've done the above and tried playing The Sims again (vanilla, only 1 expansion pack) - crash again, same as before. The computer don't crash when I use Firefox, Office-pack or Photoshop, seems like the crashing is related to games....
    It doesn't run smoothly though when I use Firefox/Words etc, after a while the mouse pointer seem to get "stuck" on bars/scrollers - and I can't move files from one window to another because it won't "stick" to the mouse pointer.

Am I looking at a complete re-install here, maybe...? I've been able to run games on this comp with no problems, but I'm wondering if it might be a hardware problem? Frustrating....

Again, thank you for the help, I appreciate it! I wouldn't know where to begin looking - you're the best!

9. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

Can you give me your spec's?? Memory, CPU, etc. Thanks

10. Cravia

Cravia Thread Starter

Off course, here's what I run:

My system:
    XP Home edition 2002
    Service Pack 3
    AMD Athlon (tm) 64X2 Dual
    Core Processor 4200+
    2.21 GHz, 1.00 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

I have 250 GB hard disk, 55 GB free space. The computer is 1 1/2 years old, never done a total reinstall, but have updated drivers (it's been a while since last time though...). I use Ad-aware frequently, and do disc-frags and sweeps/virus scans once a month. I have had three hard discs earlier, but have two now - thinking maybe the computer got overheated or something with 3 discs. I use two for storing - music, photos, back up's etc.

Do you need more information?

11. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

You specs look okay, but it could very well be an overheating issue. That's something i don't know to much about. I would create a thread in the hardware forum. Hopefully they can assist your their.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice