1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Driver Crashes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NTRLFuego, Apr 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. NTRLFuego

NTRLFuego Thread Starter

My comuter has been just blanking out to random colors and been sitting there for 15 seconds to a minute and I don’t know why. It happens whether I’m playing a game or if my pc is idle doing nothing. It started a day after installing an M.2 Nvme.

Asus Rog B450f
    Ryzen 5 2600 3.9ghz
    32gb 3000mhz @ 2933mhz Corsair Vengence
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Corsair CX 750M

2. NTRLFuego

NTRLFuego Thread Starter

image.jpg image.jpg When ever it flashes to a different color the GPU spikes up

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

You may need to go back in and check all your power connections and reseat your GPU, working in the case may have bumped something loose. Is your M2 your boot drive, was it cloned or fresh install?

4. NTRLFuego

NTRLFuego Thread Starter

I forgot to update. So I did reseat my GPU and I took the time to Loosen the screw of the M.2 and made sure it was pushed in all the way. And I went back 2 major driver updates to NVidia. I’m sure the the PCIE slot wasn’t the problem. I actually think the M.2 wasn’t s all the way in and/or it was too tight in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice