1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

random e-mails appear on iPhone but not in Outlook client

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jtechie, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jtechie

Jtechie Thread Starter

I have a user who has received an e-mail on their iPhone but it does not appear in their Outlook client. The iPhone is connected to the Exchange 2007 mailbox via active sync and the user does have the Outlook client periodically running from two locations (desktop - always, laptop - periodcally).

I have seen the message in the tracking logs on Exchange.

Is there something else I should be looking at to troubleshoot the cause for this issue (i.e. message rules, iPhone settings, exchange settings, etc.)?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Not my area of knowledge, but I can think of two possibilities.

First, but not likely, the iPhone is deleting the message from the server after download.

Second, the Outlook clients may be filtering the message as spam or junk and deleting it or shuttling it to a folder other than Inbox.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058891