1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Freezes (COD Black Ops)

Discussion in 'Games' started by friedchickenz, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedchickenz

friedchickenz Thread Starter

Hello all. I recently installed COD Black Ops on my computer. It runs very smoothly on lowest settings with AA and sync every frame turned off, yet occasionally the game freezes, requiring me to go to task manager and end the .exe. I've tried several common remedies like added fan support, cleaning the registry, updating drivers, reinstalling, verifying game files, etc, and yet the problem persists. Again, the problem isn't running the game - the problem is the consistent freezes. I generally can't play a full agme without it freezing at the end.

I suspect that it has something to do with not having a GREAT graphics card, and having a lackluster power supply - maybe I'm overtaxing the card / PSU? also not sure if the 2.5 ghz on my processor is sufficient, although it is quadcore.

Quick rundown of system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    220 W PSU
    4 GB DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz)

Any suggestions for fixes without updating the graphics card and PSU? Otherwise, if none are possible, I am willing to spend the extra dough and invest in a better system. Opinions, please.

2. friedchickenz

friedchickenz Thread Starter

Never mind, solved the problem by lwoering max framerate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice