Solved Random freezing and/or blue screening

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnnyIce

This is a re-post from Reddit where no one seems to want to help.

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs
Surface Pro 3

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

RAM: 8.0 GB

Description of problem
My computer recently has started either freezing or bluescreening or both and I'm not sure why. It's completely unrelated to what I'm doing. I could be watching youtube, or I could have just taken my computer out of sleep mode and it might freeze or bluescreen. I have a .dmp file I could upload if someone tells me how.

When this issue began
It began yesterday. The only thing I installed yesterday was a plex server but I really hope it's not that because I need a way to access my PC files from my phone. If it is that I would appreciate other alternatives.

Recurring issue
Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue
It's pretty random so I don't know.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue
I've tried disabling an automation program I had installed that has to do with the Plex server but that didn't work.

Since the only change is the installation of Plex server, try uninstalling that and see if it improves. If it is not, then you can always re-install it again.

JohnnyIce

Since the only change is the installation of Plex server, try uninstalling that and see if it improves. If it is not, then you can always re-install it again.
Well it appears to be the Plex server but I wanna know why. Like it's the only program of it's kind to allow sharing media to other devices while also categorizing and organizing it. I just don't understand what's making it freeze my computer at random times. Would you or anyone else be able to figure out exactly WHY it's crashing my computer?

Usually source code is kept as a trade secret unless you are talking about an Open Source project. And even with the source code, who is going to plow thru the thousands of lines of code to find a bug - not volunteers like we have here. It takes time to familiarize oneself with code, as different coders program differently.

JohnnyIce

Usually source code is kept as a trade secret unless you are talking about an Open Source project. And even with the source code, who is going to plow thru the thousands of lines to find a bug - not volunteers like we have here.
Okay well thanks for you help. I guess I just can't use this program then. Sorry for bothering you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online