1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Yoreki, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoreki

Yoreki Thread Starter

Hello,

My computer has been seemingly randomly freezing. The screen freezes, audio cuts, but the fans and PC hardware appear to keep running. My only option is to hard reset the system. This problem can not happen for weeks, or occur twice within the same hour like last night. It seems to have only happened while I am gaming (League of Legends), but I am unsure if this is simply coincidence. Upon rebooting, after a screen or two of dos text, the screen will sometimes show streaks of white pixels that flash on and off - sometimes the machine will get stuck like this, other times it continues to boot into windows. Last night the graphics problem persisted after booting into windows, appearing like this (but not flashing):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Correctly shutting down the system and powering on fixed the problem for the time.

My event log has shown some indications of errors syncing with these crashes. At first my issues coincided with this thread, specifically post #3. I attempted the deleting of EppOobe.etl and didn't have problems for about 3 weeks, but its now happened 3 times in the past 2 days. If I should post my event viewer log, or some other information, please let me know and point me towards a guide on how to do so if possible.

This is causing me a lot of trouble. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

2. Yoreki

Yoreki Thread Starter

bump

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice