1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Hibernation/Shut Down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kirsten7767, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten7767

Kirsten7767 Thread Starter

EDIT: My computer restarted itself randomly just now with the message:
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-061: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

Does this mean the harddrive that was JUST replaced just crapped out on me?

Okay, so I am definitely replacing this computer very soon. It is more work than its worth.

its an HP Pavillion DV2700 running Vista Home Premium. It came with vista preinstalled. Warrenty in tact til September 2010.

Background:
    The computer functions normally for upto an hour after power up, after which it starts overheating a lot. or rather, it did overheat like to where it was painful to hold it. I let it cool off, then took it to the garage and used compressed air to blow out the vents. After the first blow, a huge wad of dust exploded out every hole in the computer, it had been about 6 months since I last did this.

Even after blowing the computer out, it still turns off or goes into hibernate, even without becoming warm. Hell, my skin is warmer than the laptop is most times. I know it's not a CPU usage issue, because even when gaming, I am only using 30% of my CPU's max.

Is there anything I can do to lessen this issue, if not fix it? or should I just hope to get a decent computer when the end of the month comes?

. thank god school is almost over and i dont need the computer direly .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice