1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random increases in latency

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jbuckle7, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbuckle7

jbuckle7 Thread Starter

Bare with me please as I am quite bad at technical terms and the process' to go about fixing technical problems; however, I have to finally reach out for help. So, I run windows 7 on a Gateway DX4860 desktop and my problem has been occurring for a long time. I casually play games like league of legends and I believe my problem lies within my computer rather than the network itself because my problem is latency spikes where when I start games with 90 ping, it quickly spikes to 300+ ping ~ 5 minutes into the game and then into the thousands making it absolutely unplayable. I have had this problem on 3 different internet providers and the problem still remains; HOWEVER, while hooked directly to my computer with an Ethernet cord, I have ZERO problems. The house I am living at now doesn't allow me to connect directly so I'm looking to finally solve my problems. I use speedtest.net often and something i found fishy at the new house is the fact that on my cousins computer, the results show 17 download, and on my computer the results show 6. Also, I went ahead and bought a belkin high-performance dual-band wi-fi usb adapter in case the problem was my network adapter; however, the problem still persists and speedtest's results are up to 8 download. I would appreciate any help to get this fixed and please let me know if there is anymore information I could provide and if possible, tell me how to get the information. Thank you very much!

2. lastrachris

lastrachris

If you don't mind, could I see a share of your Speednet results? It sounds like QOS is giving you issues. Navigate to Network sharing center > adapter settings > right click the adapter you are using > navigate to properties > uncheck the box that says "QoS Packet Service." > and for good measure, do the same for IPv6. If that doesn't seem to work there are still more options.

3. turbow5

turbow5

I've also notice this in my connection. After going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections > right click to properties > I don't see Qos packet service. I see QoS packet scheduler but I can't right click or go to properties or anything. It's just there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice