1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random instant disconnect/reconnects while uploading!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kaelaris, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaelaris

kaelaris Thread Starter

Hello there Tech Support Guy Netizens! I'm in desperate need of your help! (Job on the line!)

Basically i'm an employee of a Pro-Gaming team, and as a Job I stream games live, as well as upload game videos to youtube. I've been encountering a problem for a month or so now and had little success of fixing it, which is costing me quite a lot of money and viewers! Basically, I use a program called Xsplit to stream to a website called Twitch.tv (no-one else i've spoken to has the problem I have). I will randomly disconnect/reconnect instantaneously which puts my stream down for 5-10 seconds at a time, then goes back up again. Ultimately the viewing experience is ruined by this and I am on the verge of being replaced!

The problem can occur either once a week or once every minute.. it just does it whenever it wants. I have 200mb/10mb internet so my upload should in theory not be an issue.

Things I have tried and done so far:

• - Replaced the Ethernet Cables.
      - Replaced the Routers.
      - Bought a Network Card to try as opposed to my Motherboard port.
      - Reformatted my computer and installed a different version of Windows 7 multiple times.
      - Spoken to Twitch.tv and Xsplit about their programs as well as used multiple versions of the Xsplit client.
      - Spoken to my ISP who say everything is fine.

I beg someone please help me as I'm reaching my witts end! :( [contact info removed by mod, as we keep all help on the public forum]
    An important thing to note is that my girlfriends PC right next to mine can stream perfectly fine.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 887177 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, 870A-G54 (MS-7599)
    Antivirus: Malware Bytes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice