1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Internet Cutout.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Simpletown, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simpletown

Simpletown Thread Starter

My internet works normally 70% of the time.
    The other 30% of the time i have very very very little connectivity.
    What I mean by that is I can be using the internet fine and the next minute it is so slow that AIM will cut out, MSN will cut out, browser will either be very slow loading if loading at all. The wierd thing is that it kind of bounces up and down, during the times where everything is slow, sometimes it will load a page or connect to AIM, and 5 seconds later completely be out again.

I no longer run it through my wireless router, I get the same problem directly connected to the modem.
    I dont run the cable through a splitter.
    I've changed out network cables many times.
    I've turned off all firewalls.

Somedays this happens 3 times an hour, or once a day, or not at all. I dont see a pattern, I am lost. Any ideas out there?

2. Simpletown

Simpletown Thread Starter

And today it is bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice