1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Jumps to Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kfpc, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kfpc

kfpc Thread Starter

Hi All,

I'm using Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop and every so often it will just randomly jump to the desktop without me doing anything. I can be in a folder or application and all of a sudden it will just random minimise whatever is on my screen and show the desktop as if the shortcut was being activated.

While not being a major issue, its starting to frustrate me. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this???

thanks

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    Let's start with the basics. Do you have all your updates installed (SP1, etc.)???

3. kfpc

kfpc Thread Starter

no, i haven't upgraded to SP1 yet, i was just gonna wait until Microsoft roll it out automatically but now im tempted to manually update.

4. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    You can certainly do that. If you don't see SP1 on Windows Update, there is a high chance that it may cause have some problems with some drivers on your machine. Make sure you have the drivers because you may need to reinstall one or more of them after the update. I had to reinstall my audio drivers after doing the manual upgrade, but after I did that, all is well.

5. kfpc

kfpc Thread Starter

ok, thx for the advice, i will attempt a manual upgrade and see if this fixes the problem

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice