1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random letter types when I type

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stevenlee23, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevenlee23

stevenlee23 Thread Starter

I am running Windows 7 and I have a problem. Hopefully someone can help me

Every time I press any keys, the letter k will show up randomly.
    example: "Kmy computkekr acts weirdly sometkimes because this k lettker pops up whken i kdont typkek kit. it evkekn shows up when i press thke arrow keys. also, it happekns sometimes when i press backspace so instekad ofk deleting lekttekrs it adds the lettekr k to whkat i want to be deleting.K"

What should I do? its a major pain when I type, especially typing out this post because I need to backspace every couple of letters. Also, when I try to type passwords in.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

If this is a desktop computer, have you tried a different keyboard?

3. stevenlee23

i forgot to include, this is a netbook.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Is the K key free to move up and down? If it's partially stuck down it would explain a thing or two. If it's not that simple, a USB keyboard would prove whether or not the system is somehow at fault.

5. stevenlee23

update: i plugged an external keyboard in and it doesn't have the k problem. so i guess its my netbook's keyboard.

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

It's usually the toast crumbs wot dun it! :D Tip it upside down and pat it like you're burping a baby - and not much harder - that might reveal the offending blockage.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974175