1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Random network connection issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ZacharyWTX, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZacharyWTX

ZacharyWTX Thread Starter

I can't connect to "some" websites, but I can connect to others. These websites include us.cnn.com and live.microsoftonline.com, among others. I'm able to connect to facebook.com.

Using Win10 x64, Google Chrome. But I've tried it with Edge and also Firefox with the same result. I've turned off the firewall, and released/renewed my IP address and flushed the DNS cache as well. Other connected devices in the house don't have this problem, so I'm assuming it's my computer.

I've even changed the DNS server I use. I don't have a virus or malware, primarily because I'm a prudent user, but also because I've done recent scans with Kaspersky, Bitdefender, and Malwarebytes.

Anyone have any idea what the heck could be the problem? While some sites don't load, others will load 99% and then continue to get hung up loading on that 1% for the rest of the browsing session.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

EDIT: I'm sending this from my phone and cannot use the sysinfo utility, becuase, go figure, this is one of the sites to which I cannot connect. The error Chrom gives me is "This page isn't working. Techguy.org didn't send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE."

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Which of those is/are active in "real time"?

3. ZacharyWTX

Bitdefender, Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Then my top suspects are Bitdefender or the interaction between the two.

5. ZacharyWTX

Okay. I can uninstall them and try again.

6. ZacharyWTX

That seems to have fixed the problem. None of it was new when the problem started. I wonder why it started out of the blue.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Since at least XP third-party security software has sometimes caused (mostly) unexplained problems. Usually, but not always, begins after an update to Windows or to the program. Windows 10 seems to encounter such problems much more frequently than previous versions of Windows (maybe due to the built-in spyware???).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice