Random pc shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trueno

My pc keeps shutting down after 20 minutes of gaming and I've tried reinstalling drivers, reseating the GPU and even installed a new PSU but it keeps on doing it, this started happening after I got a new case but I doubt the new case has anything to do with it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Trueno:

We know nothing about your PC, so please do the following in it:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Also provide us with the brand name and model number and wattage of the PSU.

-------------------------------------------------

Trueno

Trueno:

We know nothing about your PC, so please do the following in it:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Also provide us with the brand name and model number and wattage of the PSU.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210216000943.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (91 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (308 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-PLUS, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 170603456500879
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
Evga 500W Psu

Trueno

Yes, I did, also I forgot to mention that I replaced the thermal paste on the GPU.

crjdriver

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values?
Post these values twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages. Post screenshots of both sets of readings.

Trueno

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values?
Post these values twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages. Post screenshots of both sets of readings.
Heres the results

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
These are the performance ratings and power usage of the processor and graphics card in your computer.

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

I'll leave you with crjdriver.

crjdriver

The voltages look OK however it pretty hard to see small variations on a graph. The temp is right up against the max cpu temp. The first thing I would do would be to check your cooling. Open the case and make sure ALL fans are in fact working, check the mounting of the cpu cooler to make sure it is tight. Blow out the system with a can of air. Now repeat the stress test and see if the temps improve. If not, pull the cooler and replace the thermal compound.

Note for intels, I always recommend pulling the motherboard out of the case to R&R a cooler. AMDs can be done in the case however the intels can be a pain. Intel says you can do it in the case so up to you.

crjdriver

Then start testing your hardware. Start with running memtest for at least 1hr Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool See if you get any errors; one error is too many.
Next test your hard drive with the drive mfg's diagnostic. You download this from whomever mfg the drive ie WD, Seagate, whatever. Run ALL tests.
Next get a bright light and give your motherboard a VERY close inspection. Look for any capacitors that look like the pics below.

Do understand that your motherboard is now 8yr old and it may or may not be cost effective to repair this system.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts