1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random Performance issues(Please help)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AveryStanton, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveryStanton

AveryStanton Thread Starter

About a week ago I signed up for and downloaded Windows Insider because a friend showed me and encouraged me to do so. After I had installed it and gotten the beta updates my computer started running slowly and I was only getting around a fourth of the FPS I used to get on games. I opened task manager to check it out and my CPU, GPU, and RAM were all high percentages, high percentages like I was running a game or rendering something, but I was not doing anything and the only thing I had open was Google. I quickly picked up on that it was the Windows Insider, so I tried to uninstall it. I went in and went back to the previous version of Windows 10. But the Windows Insider re-installed and I could not uninstall this time. I tried everything and I could not get rid of it. My computer was useless and could not even run smoothly doing simple tasks. Out of options I decided to reset my computer, factory reset. Afterward the problem still persists. I don't know how to fix this please help. I called Acer support center and they said my warranty expired so they cannot help me. My specs are: Acer Aspire V3-372T Signature Edition, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, and Windows 10.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You could try a clean install of Windows 10, by deleting all the partitions on the hard drive early in the install.

You will lose all your programs and will have to re-install them.
    Windows 10 should activate over the Internet.

You can use the Media Creation Tool here to make a Usb stick or DVD to install 10 with :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If this was right after the install, windows may have been doing some "Housekeeping" If you have let the system run for an hr or two and still have problems, just clean install windows as managed outlined for you.

Do understand that the insider preview is beta ie not ready for release. There ARE going to be problems; just look at how many issues were in the 1809 update and that one was released for general use.
    When you agree to beta test, the very first thing you do is make an image of your system drive. Store the image on an external, NAS, second internal drive, etc. If you do not like the beta, it takes all of 5~10min to restore the image and be right back where you were before you started with the beta.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice