1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Random problem"...pls help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shonlood, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shonlood

shonlood Thread Starter

Ok this is my first time posting anything here so i hope i'm posting in the right section. I have PC for years and i know some basic stuff, so i will appreciate if your eventual answers are not too "deep", or if they are than please put some detailed explanation on how to achieve them. So this is happening to me 3rd time now, and i really cannot trace source of the problem, it really happens to be completely random. The problem is that when i turn off my PC, (not everytime, as i said only 3 times in this year), it won't start up after that. After my MSI "intro" screen i get black screen, and white mark on top left as if i should write something but i can't. Than i get "disk read error" press ctrl+alt+delete to restart....After i repeat this step for about 100 times, try to load fail safe option in BIOS, try to unplug and replug i somehow menage to get to my desktop. Then i notice some changes. For example, this morning, when same thing happened to me, my "Assassin Creed Revelations" which was running fine yesterday now gives this error "this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect". I saw on one forum the solution for this to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ but i cannot do that either because i get this error "The feature u are trying to use is on a network that is unavailable". So can anyone please explain to me why are these problems happening, and what can i do to prevent them. Yes i also tried reinstalling AC Revelations, but i get same error again which is even stranger to me seeing how i deleted whole application and installed it again, and yea it only happens to it. So any help would be appreciated really, i am mainly interested what is causing "disk read error" and how to prevent that issue...

2. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

My first inclination is that your Hard-Drive is starting to fail. Do you hear a "clicking" or "grinding" sound when the system attempts to boot up?

It may be more helpful to the advisers here if you gave more info, specifically what type of system you are running, how old it is, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice