1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random reboot in Vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Taffman, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taffman

Taffman Thread Starter

Hi
    I had a strange problem occur this morning, and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it.
    I run a dual boot system with Vista64 and Xp home, they are installed on separate drives, Vista being the OS I use most of the time. I booted into Vista and started doing some eBay listings and suddenly the system tried to reboot, listing a possible hardware error. I then tried to boot into XP and the same problem occurred. I managed to boot into safe mode (Vista), and tried a system restore, and again the system closed down, but did not reboot. I switched off the power, and left everything for a couple of minutes, then rebooted into Vista ok. The point that is concerning me is that this random problem affected both OS’s, I realise that System Restore has possibly done its job, but has anyone any idea what the problem may have been. All temps. Etc. are fine. I know it could be a thousand different things, but hopefully someone has had a similar situation occur and can shed some light for me.
    Thanks in advance

NB I have since booted into XP as well with no problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice