random restart and random bsod

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

egokillar

installed a new motherboard, new cpu, new ram, new hdd, a different graphics card, found errors on a cd drive, disabled that, and my computer still restarts randomly, like before i decided to get new hardware. automatic restart is turned off. what can i do?

mobo: mis p43-c51 (new)
tried both gf 7950gt and 8800, no difference, still problems
seagate 250 gb hdd (new)
intel q8300 2.5ghz (new)
x fi extreme gamer soundcard
ocz 600w psu
4 gigs of ocz ram pc3-8500 1066mhz (new)
latest drivers. new sata cables. temperatures ok.

please help. this is getting... quite annoying to say the least, almost replacing all hardware and still problems. thank you very much in advance.

egokillar

yes. more than once. haven't installed anything but video drivers, anti virus and sound drivers. my internet browser also crash unusually much. both ie and firefox. it seems to happen when using internet.

crjdriver

OK, here is what I would do in the following order;
1 Restart system and check your temps and voltages in the bios [read your mb manual for detailed info on bios menus] Post all of that info here. What you are specifically looking for is cpu temp, 12V rail, 3.3V rail, and 5V rail.
2 OCZ ram very often needs a higher vdimm [ram voltage] set in the bios. Did you do this?

Once you post your temp and voltage data, we can continue.

Hi Mate,

Just want to ask. Are you putting some data on to your machine from a stored place. If yes then this might me case of virus. Try reinstalling windows again (clean install) and dont put any data from anywhere.

Thanks

egokillar

cpu temp is at 50 celcius (122 f) system temp is 31 celcius (87 f) cpu vcore is 1.280-1.288v, 3.3 is 3.296v, 5v is at 5.045v and 12v is at 12.232. i haven't touched anything in bios.

@Harbir i did that on the first reformat, but not on the second reformat, the hdd was the only one connected and it's still the same.

thanks for the replies so far.

Hmmm. however I would like like you to go for the online scan (may be microsoft one) and I think this could fixe the problem. Coz i cannot think of any other reason at for this. :)

egokillar

was is that? before i bought my new hdd i tried reformatting 3 different harddrives and connected them to the new hardware and they all make errors. only stuff thats not new is soundcard, video card, psu and disc drives. psu is only 2 months old.

Hmm. Oke lets do one thing. Run a scan and in the mean time I try some stuff from my databases and see if I could find anything for you.

egokillar

okay i started scan. opened a different window in firefox and firefox crashed. tried opening again but it wouldnt open, it just said it crashed and i could send a report in firefox. ie opened up but then i got a blue screen of death saying: stop: 0x00000050 (0xa10f56fc, 0x00000000, 0xb7e36b27, 0x000000009) NTFS.SYS - ADRESS B7E36B27 BASE AT B7E 36000, DATESTAMP 41107EEA.

Try running scan in WIndows explorer. I mean in MY COMPUTER windows or in internet explorer. Otherise run chkdsk

egokillar

you mean get my antivirus (bullguard) to scan interrnet explorer? chkdsk is ok. before i bought any new hardware i also have problems with the web browser. thanks for trying to help, this is really frustrating.

crjdriver

You posted 50C for the cpu temp. If that is under no load, that is pretty warm. Run something that will stress the system and check your temp again. I like to use prime95 for stress testing [available from many sites]

Use HWMonitor [free download] to monitor temps.

crjdriver

Just wondering if you have tried the system without the creative sound card? If not, I would do so and uninstall the driver for the card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online