1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random restarts in Windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oman212, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oman212

oman212 Thread Starter

Specs:

Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard

Caviar Blue 640GB HDD

2x2GB Corair 1333MHz Desktop Memory

Intel i5 750 processor

Edimax 802.11g Wireless PCI card

nVidia 7950GT video card

The problem first occurred during installation of W7, at the first restart (i.e. the first point which it boots from the HDD instead of disc)

My PC simply restarted as if the reset button had been hit upon starting the next stage of installation. Upon bootup I chose the "Start Windows Normally" option and the same thing happened game. This time I chose "Safe Mode" and it successfully booted but said that installation could not complete during safe mode. So this I manually restarted it automatically went to normal windows mode and successfully installed.

All seemed fine (I installed all necessary drivers) but today the same thing happened on bootup and the same thing solved it. No memory dump was made.

I'd like to point that I built this computer myself, and it was my first time doing so, so I may have screwed up something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. antech

antech Banned

Is the PSU OK?
    Check whether the RAM is compitable with your Mobo

3. antech

antech Banned

The Internet goes sluggish again....!
    Edit button not loading.
    Admins please consider moving this thread to hardware forums.
    You will get help there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice