1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Random Restarts, not looping and not on startup

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ladybug238, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ladybug238

ladybug238 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am having trouble with random restarts on my desktop pc without warning intermittently throughout the day. Started about 3 weeks ago. I will be working away and without any warning both my screens go black, I get the Acer logo with the loading wheel and then my desktop comes back. No errors or warning messages and all my programs are closed. I have disabled all auto shut downs thru my settings and advance settings. I have tried plugging it into a different power source, I have upgraded all my drivers, scanned my entire system. I have very limited knowledge to the internal components of a computer but I think it my be a power supply issue? Is there a simple way to test for this or is there something I might be missing??? Getting very frustrated redoing my work!
    Thanks in advance!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 11185 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (848 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire TC-280
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. jdufou

jdufou

i would start testing one ram memory at a time, if you dont know how just ask me

3. ladybug238

I have no idea how to do that if you wouldn’t mind walking me thru it.

4. jdufou

jdufou

, check minute 5:30 and let me know, sorry for the delay

5. Lanctus

Lanctus

Once it restarts from sudden shutdown, does it take long before it shuts down again? Another possible cause are high temps within the machine. As your components generate heat, they can shut down suddenly to protect your machine from damage. A build up of dust inside the case can also block the ability to vent heat. If you don't have a app monitoring them: https://speccy.en.softonic.com/?ex=CAT-759.1 It's free, and will give you accurate information.

6. ladybug238

Hey thanks so much for the reply! It was indeed a fan issue. Luckily with some help from your post I was able to swap it out for the fan from my previous tower. Much appreciated :)

7. Lanctus

Lanctus

I'm so glad that you were able to fix the issue!

ladybug238 likes this.
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice