Random restarts while playing games...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starnix

My computer will restart/go inbto stand-by mode whenever I start a game. EVERYTHING ELSE works PERFECT, but not computer games(call of duty 2, diablo 2:LOD, half-life 2, counter-strike:source, and guild wars are the games that have been tried). I have replaced my motherboard, video card, cpu, 450 watt power supply, 1gb of ram, and 2 120gb hard drives. It all started before I replaced my motherboard and cpu, but after I got new stuff its still going on. I have the latest drivers for all my things. Please, if anyone knows whats going on, tell me. Thanks.

I am going to move your thread to Games for a better chance of getting a good respond.

id go to control panel
then power options
and look for the standbye it should be bottom and say never unless you like it to do that. If that dont work maybe go in bios and see if you can turn off power managment.

I am not a gamer so I don't play those games. And I cannot figure out why playing a game would make the PC operator differently. Maybe a gamer can give some insight.

Do you overclock your vid card? Also could be due to temperatures being to high. I used to suffer the same resetting issues until i replaced my HSF on my vid card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online