Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random shutdown then power back on

641 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Amoun 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
New to the forum and have a...situation here.

I built a rig but the problem I am having is whenever I play certain games (ie: Prototype, L4D, GRID) the computer would (most of the time in random places) shut down completely, as if someone held the power button, and then about 2-3 seconds later power back up and do the normal load.
The thing is that it does the exact same thing when I change the RAM setting in BIOS. I have the option on picking the speed and etc. And when I change the RAM speed and click F10 to save and exit, shuts down and then powers back up (not a normal restart, all the fans etc stop running). And that only happens with the ram speed. I can change ANYTHING else in the BIOS and that will not happen. I did a memtest on the ram, each stick separately and did about 3-4 passes on each, no errors.
I am stumped...I have been in contact with ASUS and so far no one was able to tell me anything.

My mobo is an ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution and I am using CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800). (full name from newegg: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C9 )

It does that on some games, but games like Crysis for example, everything on high and no problem. But on Prototype there is one specific area where it will shutdown (few seconds before getting to it or a few seconds after). In L4D its random, might not happen for a week might happen a few times an hour...so...ANY help would be much much appreciated!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.