Random Shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

herolegendmyth

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my computer. It keeps on shutting down out of nowhere. Sometime when it shutdown, the psu is still running its fan. What seems to be the problem? Here are my computer spec:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Processor 5600+, 2800 Mhz, 2 cores Logical Processor.
MotherBoard: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.09, 5/3/2007
RAM:3.00 GB
System model: HP GC673AA-ABA m8100n
Window 7 Ultimate 32 bit
WATT output: 500 W
Hardrive: 450GB
Video card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 61503E nForce430
Total Physical memory:2.93 GB
Available Physical memory: 1.57GB
Total Virtual memory: 6.08GB
Available Virtual memory: 4.73GB
Page File Space: 3.23GB

Check your power settings
Reasons for this occurring: Overheating, Power settings, Power supply issues, and RAM related.

Try a simple odd solution: Remove computer case that covers the ram and hard drive and simply clean away the dust build up on the vent mesh with a toothbrush.

herolegendmyth

It is a sudden turn off, It is like someone is pulling the plug. Last time it happened, I did clean the fan and it worked fine for a while. I would say a that was a week ago. Now, I don't know what the problem is.

Is there BSOD or boot failure in midst of loading OS,or at POST?How many beeps you hear at POST?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts