Random Shutdowns

kgash

Recently I have been getting random shut downs (crashes), especially when playing simple Mahjongg type games. These crashes are now becoming more frequent and are extremely annoying. I tried to test the system using FurMark stress tester and it immediately crashed the system. I tried downloading your system info utility and the system crashed when it started downloading

Windows 10 home 64
AMD Ryzen 5 CPU
ASRock B45o Pro4 MOBO
Crucial P1 1TB NVMe PCIe
AMC Radeon RX 5700 GPU (Driver er. 19.30.02)
16 GB DDR4 DRAM
EVGA 650 B5 PSU

Thanks for any help you can provide

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Which AMD Ryzen 5 processor(CPU) do you have in your PC?

Last edited:

kgash

The problem is getting worse. To start after the crash I have to turn off the PC completely then after turning it back on, hit the power button. Last time it would not start and I had to turn it off and on again to get it to restart.

kgash

I checked Task Manager and Event Viewer logs and found that I am getting constant WMI-Activity errors which I understand are the result of another process on my system behaving badly. I cannot find what the other process is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online