1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random sites opening up in new tabs in Firefox

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Coco767, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

Hi guys. I dont mean to post too much in the forum, but ive got another issue.

This started three or four days ago. So i go into FireFox, and i go to a site, and a new site opens up in a nw tab thats random. This happens a couple times. Next day, it happens a couple times, not often enough to post. But today, its happening not with specific sites anymore, but with any. For example, i just loaded up a Youtube video, and it happened. I load up bleepingcomputer.com to read some threads, which i like to do, it happens. I go to a couple article sites, and it happenes again. And my pop-up blocker is on, but one started to show but then closed. Its just annoying. Its happened like 5 times in a half hour or so this morning. So annoying. Please help!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1526 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 37 GB (8 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NF743
    Antivirus: None

Also, it went from 15 GB to 8 GB of free space because i made some more VMs, just to let you guys know.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Could that be part of the problem?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Probably, which is why we need to make sure it's not infected first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice