1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Random sound ads coming from computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Blackbubble, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blackbubble

Blackbubble Thread Starter

Hi,
    Recently Ive noticed that when no windows are up and my computer has no programs open ill hear random noise like "Hi Congratulations you've just won" Blah blah blah etc etc and stuff like that and sometimes i also get random pop ups. i have the latest version of McAfee and i run a full virus scan and it seems that it found 1 threat call "Generic!Artemis" and Quanrtined it but im still a little worried and want to know what i can do to make sure that the virus is really fully off my computer. Id really aprreciate some help and i will post Hijack this log if u need me to. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/815806