1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

*Rant* XBox 360 $99 "deal"

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Super-D-38, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Super-D-38

Super-D-38 Thread Starter

Start Rant;

How did this promotion even see the light of day? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/consoles/entertainment-for-all
    I'll be using Walmart.com for my price comparisons. Prices may vary using Amazon, but over all results should be similar.

Rip off details... XBox 360 for as low as $99 with a 2 year Live Gold contract ($14.99 month)

OK lets look at the price breakdown then.. $14.99 x 24 months... = $359.76 + the $99 XBox 360
    Total is $458.76!!!! :eek:

The XBox available from Walmart at the time I post this is the 250Gb value bundle with Skyrim and Forza 4.
    Site list price alone is $299.

So counter price point....
    XBox in question at $299. Then buy two (2) 12 month gold cards at the current price of $59.96. ( x2 is 119.92)

$299 + $119.92 = $418.92 :rolleyes:

"Deal" is $458.76
    Buy separately $418.92
    you would save $39.84 by not taking the supposed "deal". in a few cases they add shipping to the order.

Why on earth would you willingly rip off new customers! We get screwed for needing Gold membership to use just about everything on XB Live already, but c'mon. Setting a bad early impression there Microsucks. (n)

You know.. when I first saw the promotion the price variation was even greater, they are now only offering the 299 bundles, but still you lose money.

DON'T TAKE THE DEAL!!

*deep breath*
    End of Rant.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice