1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rants and raves about help-seekers.

Discussion in 'Games' started by like 45 ninjas., Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas. Thread Starter

I have a few complaints about people seeking help. Please do not take any offense if these apply to you.
    1) Please read the "BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION, Please read this!" thread before posting a problem. More often than not, it will solve your problem before you need to post.
    2) Please use adequate grammar when posting a problem. "plz hlp my games wont playing becuse somethings wrong... its get a error id ont knw whats hapnn. HLP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!11111" is not a good sign about who you are when people read your threads.
    3) Be descriptive in your problems so that other people can identify the problem instantly rather than asking multiple questions and dragging a thread out over numerous posts.
    4) Like the thread in #1 said, post your dxdiag (Start -> Run... -> dxdiag -> Save All Information...) in the first post so people know what they're dealing with.
    5) Post your technical details about your computer (processor, graphics card, sound card, etc.) so people can identify if there are any compatibility issues that might be solved easily.
    6) Tell people what you have already tried, so people don't have to spend hours discovering a possible solution that has already not worked.
    7) Use the forum search tool to find out if your same problem has been solved in another thread. Don't waste time writing a new topic when you can find the answer already.
    8) Please do not create multiple threads about the same problem with a link to the old thread. Just simple find your old topic and create a new bump post so that people won't forget about you and leave you stranded.
    9) If a problem has been solved, do not just walk away before notifying anybody on the forum or adding SOLVED: the thread title using the thread tools. Some people might spend extra time working on a problem that has already been solved.
    10) Be grateful! Many of these people on the forum help you because they like to make peoples lives easier. If a person helps you solve a problem that you tore your hair out on, thank them so that they can know that you are truly grateful for their help.
    Please read these so that we don't have many more problems in the future.
    -like 45 ninjas.

2. like 45 ninjas.

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Dang yes!! I do wish people would read the threads before posting sometimes, it seems the same old probs come up al the time. I was thinking of getting a cut/paste routine saying, see thread blar... just to make things easier.
    HOWEVER, I know a lot of people cant post info. Inexperience can only be cured by experience, and theresa first time for everything. If you dont know what you ned to post, you cant, and until someone tells you, you cant do anything about it. So yes, need to be tolerent of anyone who doesnt give all the info to begin with, we all started once.
    :)

4. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Hallelujah, el ninjas. :p

I can't recall if the Before You Post thread mentions this, but maybe a good #11 would be not PMing people who contribute here frequently about your problem if you haven't gotten an immediate response. It gets aggrevating. ;)

5. like 45 ninjas.

I would add that, but you cannot edit the first post without mod permission.
    I'm glad other people agree with me.

6. like 45 ninjas.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice