1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rat Brain Damage After ONE Cell Phone Exposure

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by gotrootdude, Sep 26, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

Source is in PDF format...

http://www.elektrosmognews.de/salfordjan2003.pdf

Salford et al. document serious neuronal damage in rat brains following exposure to microwave radiation from a cell phone, at levels comparable to what people would experience during normal use. Damage to nerve cells was observed in several places within the brain, including the cortex, hippocampus and basal ganglia.
    It was associated with evidence of leakage of proteins through the blood-brain barrier. The authors express concern that "after some decades of (often) daily use, a whole generation of [cell phone] users may suffer negative effects, perhaps as early as middle age."

In a companion news story in the issue of Environmental Health Perspectives in which the research is published, the journal comments: "It might be time to get serious about using your headset when talking on your mobile phone and encouraging your family members to do the same."

2. Gibble

Gibble

...I'll just wear my tinfoil hat when I talk on the phone then... :p

3. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    Gib, what was your number again.. I want to see you in that foil :)

4. Gibble

Gibble

5. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Cripes... I don't use one so I rarely pay attention to news about them, but didn't they say they caused brain problems a long time ago? I thought that since they are contiued to be used that meant they fixed the problems.... Wow that's scary! A whole generation of people with brain damage? I hope they figure this out quick!

6. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    so worth a shot :)

7. deuce

deuce

So basically...............I'm looking at brain damage in like ten years :rolleyes:.............................well alright then. ;)

8. deuce

deuce

qué será, será :rolleyes: ;)

9. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

More info!!!!

Mobile phones and the new wireless technology could cause a "whole generation" of today's teenagers to go senile in the prime of their lives, new research suggests

The study - which warns specifically against "the intense use of mobile phones by youngsters" - comes as research on their health effects is being scaled down, due to industry pressure. It is likely to galvanise concern about the almost universal exposure to microwaves in Western countries, by revealing a new way in which they may seriously damage health.

Starting with deuce!!!!! :D :D

Source:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_medical/story.jsp?story=443248

It's a pay to read though... :mad:

Remember folks, you read it here first

10. Gibble

Gibble

...senility, from cell phones...wow...that makes SO much sense now...

11. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Evil plot by all those countries that DON"T use them??? Give us all brain damage & come in and take over the country? Why didn't we think of it first????? ;)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice