RAT through network, powershell, schedule tasks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ByeThere

Due to suspicious behavior i wanted a clean install of windows so i wiped everything removing all partions. I do not do much on it yet its runnibg hot there are soo many weird processes running in the back ground. Im not a computer wizz but i think they have gained access through the public network and are using powershell to schedule tasks perhaps. Is there a way to find out if this is infact happening. 2. Cn i find out who is doing it? 3. What would be the best securitu to use for not only my pc but how can i secure the family internet? Along with all devices being used on the network.

It is very difficult to know if a suspicious program is running since the attacker can rename the file to something used by Windows itself. There is a program called MS AutoRuns, which allows you to see all the programs that start up automatically. And you can see the full path where it is installed. So something named svchost.exe residing in \program files\somewhere\ would stand out because svchost ought to be residing in \Windows\System32 .

Last edited by a moderator:

ByeThere

Thank you but what about the wifi that i connect to is there a way to factory reset and secure it also? Any suggestions?

To secure Wi-Fi, the only thing you can do is go to your router's web page and set WPA2 password to a long passphrase.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online