1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rate My new system!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lapsed, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lapsed

Lapsed Thread Starter

[​IMG]

My main worries are the limitations of the system , for it has'nt arrived yet.

Will it play higher end games?

2. Mcbee

Mcbee

It won't go too far without a CD/DVD drive.

3. Lapsed

Lapsed Thread Starter

Of course it will have a CD drive :D

Carry on the good work -_-

4. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

I would have gotten at least 800mhz ram and the xtreme gamer instead of the audio, and maybe the 8800gt, or gts 640, but other than that it looks fine.

5. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

mm must agree. 800mhz am would have been a better choice. Its more and more about speed not size now when it comes to pc components...

the Quad cpu is nice of course but a duo core at 3.0ghz and fsb 1333mhz would have been my choice if i had the money. just bought a 2.3ghz 1333fsb myself yesterday.

6. NeoNMD

NeoNMD

My computer plays higher end games on low detail (Just) and your computer pisses in the face of mine...
    ...To put it nicely...
    Mines a 5 year old rig so its only 512mb ram and a slow graphics card and a bad power supply etc but it gets along.

There is no point going for higher end if you can go for high-mid end because the cost for the very best is way overpriced than that which is ok but cheap.

7. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

The simple answer? Yup, no worries, should play just about anything out. BUT... just because you got a good system, dont expect to be able to set every setting in game to max and have it fly along at 60+ frames. Newer games are really starting to push hard, so dont expect 1600 x whatever with full everything. I tried the hellgate demo, and on ful whack it played havoc with my baby. Worked, but perpetual stutters, lag, freezing... turned it down a bit, quality about the same, worked fine.
    Might also be worth your while indulging in a bit of overclocking- quads will go a fair way up, could achieve 3.2 or more fairly happily, but watch the temps! So far I have got to 3.64, with w/c, and i reckon it could go further if i go back to phase cooling, so theres a lot of overhead there :)

8. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

Did you raise the fsb to 1333 as well or just the clock speed?

Found a thread that very easily acheived an fsb of 1333 instead of 1033 with the quad.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice