1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rather confused due to nod32 failure.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by $poon, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $poon

$poon Thread Starter

Okay i last night i downloaded a .exe and scanned it with my nod32, it showed it was clean, although it was 55kb, but due to the nature of the file, i figured it seemed right. i was wrong, once run, it took me to google, i instantly knew something was up but i was confused because my nod32 usually picks up these kind of .exe's? confused and rather annoyed, i did a full system scan which showed no sign of any malware/viruses. so i figured it was nothing. Once again i was wrong, my computer is now extremley slow, as if i have 128mb of ram and whenever i open a folder i get this pop-up

[​IMG]

Yes and No both take me to freevirusscan.com or something, which ironicly? is blocked by nod32.

I had this before the exact same thing, only last time i was using avast, and i got rid of it by reformatting my pc which i dont want to do this time..

Please understand this is the first time i've asked for help and even posted on this forum so if I've forgotten anything, or made mistakes, im sorry.

p.s: here's my hijack this log.

2. $poon

$poon Thread Starter

MY windows explorer keeps crashing also.

I've scanned multiple time with nod32 and i did scan with supernativirus but it was closed half way :s

So im pretty much out of idea's and the problems getting alot worse, i need halp asap :|

3. $poon

$poon Thread Starter

Could somebody atleast look at it? -.-

Im getting to the point where im just gonna format my hard drive =/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice