RAW hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pbarra

My hard drive is RAW and every time I try to format it into ntfs using disk management it is not able to and whenever I try it in diskpart it says Virtual disk error: this volume or device is in use

crjdriver

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of the relevant info ie exact hard disk AND whether this is an internal drive, external drive, NAS, whatever. Post the operating system you are using ie windows, linux, whatever. If this is an external type drive, post how it is connected ie usb, esata, whatever.

Have you run the mfg's diagnostic on the drive?

Pbarra

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of the relevant info ie exact hard disk AND whether this is an internal drive, external drive, NAS, whatever. Post the operating system you are using ie windows, linux, whatever. If this is an external type drive, post how it is connected ie usb, esata, whatever.

[/QUOTE

my drive is external and plugged in via usb 3.0. Using windows and it is not working. If I try to format it it says the simple volume is in use. I don’t know how to get rid of that

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online