1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Razer Anansi keyboard not detected in device manager or related software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FirestormMk3, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FirestormMk3

FirestormMk3 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I can't seem to find resolution for this anywhere, even from Razer's tech support. I just built a new computer (TSG info log below) and my keyboard's software has stopped working. I've updated its firmware and am using the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7 (v1.06). The device's "configurator" software says "No Anansi detected. Applicaton will now close." Under keyboards in the control panel it does show up as Razer Anansi with all of the appropriate drivers showing as installed. Under device manager it just shows up as composite USB device. Under that hardware list is the Razer Anansi. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. This is the first tech support problem I haven't been able to resolve just using myself and a friend of mine that's a programmer. Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16267 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907626 MB, Free - 1609350 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 432378 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!