1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RB5.tmp file in Recycle Bin-won't delete!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iluvtolaff, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff Thread Starter

Yesterday, I uninstalled Avast Anti-Virus because my ISP had me install Verizon Internet Security Suite. Then I noticed a file in the Recycle Bin--RB5.tmp and it won't delete from there. What's up with that?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. iluvtolaff

Hmmm, just checked and it's out of the Recycle Bin but the Recycle Bin icon is still the "full" icon and there's nothing in there.---??

4. iluvtolaff

Well, this is weird! When I turned on the comp this evening, there's TWO temp files in there! RB5.tmp and RB31.tmp. They deleted out ok. Is this going to keep coming up??

5. iluvtolaff

Yoo-hoo! Any help? This is still going on.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice