1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RCA Mp3 player on the fritz

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Beta19, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Hi guys, I have a demonic mp3 player here. It is an RCA Opal M4002A and I have tried everything. RCA's site doesn't help much. When I turn it on, I get a message that says "profiling requires 4MB free space" and then turns itself off. I can't find anything about that error message on RCA's site anywhere. I have tried resetting it multiple times and have even tried to use the firmware updater utility to try to restore it, but to no avail. The weird thing is, when I connect it to the computer, it show the MTP device icon in the system tray and an auto run window shows up that's it, it doesn't show up anywhere else. Media Player can't find it, and it doesn't show in My Computer, which it used to. Is this thing trash or is there anything else I can do? I don't know if the warranty is still valid on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice