1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RCA to Computer Monitor Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by psych0naut, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psych0naut

psych0naut Thread Starter

I have a karaoke machine and would like to hook up a computer monitor for the text display. The karaoke machine has RCA outputs. Is there any adapter that will allow me to use my computer monitor for this purpose? Thx in advance for your help.

2. Rikku

Rikku

If you mean you want to hook it up into your computer then you just need a video card with RCA input jacks. Something like ATI's All-in-Wonder Card would do that.

However, if you just have a computer monitor (alone) that you would like to hook up to the machine, then that's a whole different story. If that's what you're talking about, though, let me know and I'm sure I can find some device that would do that trick!

3. psych0naut

psych0naut Thread Starter

Hello Rikku! It is indeed the latter scenario that I'm talking about. I would like to hook the monitor up directly to the karaoke machine. If you can track down an adaptor or gadget of some sort that would allow that I'd love to hear about it! Thx...

4. Rikku

Rikku

Try this site. They have about every video adapter known. You could probably patch something together. (rca->svideo->vga)

I can't vouch for the site tho, i just found it online... seems good tho.

http://www.svideotorca.com/ind.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/78654