RCA TV Troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imaspirit

My 40" RCA TV has recently decided that it doesn't enjoy turning on. Whether by the remote, power button, universal remote app, nothing was working. Then, I tried moving it and plugged it into a wall socket and it had no issues turning on via the power button one time. Just to double check I turned the tv off with the universal remote app and it did so. However, afterwards, the tv did not turn back on again by any related methods I could find, moving it around to a different power source hasn't shown any results yet. Any ideas?

Couriant

James
Welcome!

So to confirm, if you use a different power socket, the TV turns on once then doesn't turn on again? It sounds like hardware issue with the TV. Is it under warranty?

imaspirit

Yes, that is what's happening. I was thinking hardware as well. The tv is not under warranty, so any repairs to be done would have to be private. It seems like the tv needs am entire power cycle to be able to turn on after being used.

Couriant

James
Sounds like how I exercise... i start off fine for a few minutes then completely done after stopping haha.

I haven't heard of this particular issue so I cannot give any advice. Perhaps RCA can give you best-effort support? Are you in the US?

imaspirit

I am in the US, but when I called RCA, they required a copy of the receipt to help with anything. The receipt was lost in a fire a few years ago and I don't remember the exact dates to get one from the store. I appreciate the advice though!

texasbullet

Ramon
maybe some capacitors already gave up (leaked) and may need to be replaced. Might be something else too. I also have an RCA TV which turns off automatically after a few minutes on but have not fixed it yet. I now watch my TV on my computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online